ARRRRGH! It’s foolish pleasures and pirate’s treasures this weekend at the Carolina Renaissance Festival! Special Pirate Entertainment scheduled all weekend long at the Carolina Renaissance Festival just outside of Concord, 16445 Poplar Tent Road, Huntersville!
Start your Holiday shopping early and save at the Fairhaven Village Marketplace! Purchase $200 or more in festival arts & crafts and receive two FREE $24 Renaissance Festival Tickets valid for the remaining two weekends of this 2015 season (one offer per person)! Dress as your favorite scurrrrvy dog and win prizes in the Pirate’s Costume Contests. Separate contests will be held for adults and children. Prizes will be awarded.
The Carolina Renaissance Festival is a medieval amusement park, an 12 stage theater, a 25-acre circus, an arts and crafts fair, a jousting tournament and a feast – all rolled into one non-stop, day-long family adventure.
Event Daily Happenings:
- Twelve stages featuring comedy acts, acrobats, medieval musicians, singers, dancers,
storytellers, magicians and puppeteers – performing continuously for 7 ½ hours each
- A tournament arena where skilled stunt riders, outfitted in suits of armor, ride their
horses into battle during three jousts each day.
- Hundreds of costumed characters.
Arts and Crafts:
- Our 25-acre village is filled with over 100 open-air, storybook shops and medieval tents. Crafts include: clothing, armor-making, pottery, glass blowing, stained glass, elegant jewelry and more.
- Many artisans demonstrate of their handiwork throughout the day, using tools and
techniques that have been handed down through the centuries.
- Kids and adults will enjoy the challenges of archery, ax-throwing, castle-storming, and
climbing Jacob’s ladder.
- They can also go on human-powered rides such as da Vinci’s Flying Machine, Voyage to the New World and the Swan Swing.
- This is the place to toss tomatoes at the surly fools locked in the stocks at “Vegetable
- The Royal Kitchens serve a vast feast with giant roasted turkey drumsticks, steak-on-astake, pizza, bread bowl stews, salads and more. The Monk’s Bakery, the Cappuccino
Inn and the Chocolate Shoppe tempt you with a variety of unique desserts. Pubs serve
beer and wine.
THE BASIC INFORMATION:
Dates: The Carolina Renaissance Festival runs every Saturday and Sunday, from October 3rd through November 22nd.
Hours: 10 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. every Saturday and Sunday rain or shine.
Location: Just north of Charlotte between Concord and Huntersville on Highway 73 at Poplar Tent Road (between I-77 and I-85). Exit 25 on I-77 or exits 52 or 55 on I-85.
Parking: FREE courtesy of Harris Teeter.
Advance Discount Tickets: $23 for adults, $11 for kids ages 5-12, available at Harris Teeter Stores regionwide. Children under 5 are always free. Tickets purchased at the gate are $1 more. Senior (60 and over) and Adult Military discount tickets with Military ID) are $21 at the gate. Child dependents of military personnel are $9. Tickets are also available for purchase online at RenFestInfo.com
Visitor Information: Visitors should call (704) 896-5544 or toll free (877) 896-5544. Visit the Festival website at RenFestInfo.com for more information.