Kannapolis Arts and Modern Film Fest at the Gem Theatre are currently taking submissions for a short film competition with a $250 prize for the winning short film. All films should be 20 minutes or less and it’s just $15 to submit! Open to any genre, but please keep it family friendly and a PG to PG-13 rating. Good luck and look forward to the entries!
- All movies must be 20 minutes or less
- Movies should be family friendly or in the PG to PG-13 range
- Modern Film Fest staff have the right not to screen a movie
- All work submitted MUST be original productions
- Filmmakers give permission to Modern Film Fest staff to use images/scenes from the movie to create promotional pieces to post and promote the short films that will be screened at the Gem Theatre
- Movies selected will be screened at the Gem Theatre starting at 10 a.m. June 4, 2016.
- The deadline for all short film submissions is Feb. 15, 2016
- The movies selected for the June 4 short film screening will be announced on April 2, 2016
9. The submission fee for each movie is $15. All films should be 20 minutes ore less.
10. The first place winner judged by Modern Film Fest volunteers will receive $250 to be paid on the date the short film screens on June 4, 2016 or shortly after.
Modern Film Fest Short Film Festival
2015 DVD Entry Form
Please fill out all areas of the form completely. Return with submission DVD/flashdrive and $15 entry fee paid via check/money order to: Downtown Kannapolis Inc.
All items should be shipped to the address below:
Modern Film Fest Short Film Competition
609 East 10th St.
Kannapolis, N.C. 28083
And the following form should be printed out and filled out and included in your submission.
PRIMARY CONTACT INFORMATION:
CITY________________________________ STATE_______________________ ZIP______________________
COUNTRY______________________________________ POSTAL CODE______________________________
PHONE COUNTRY CODE_________AREA CODE + NUMBER____________________________________
EMAIL ADDRESS ____________________________________________________________________________
TITLE OF FILM________________________________________________________________________________________
RUNNING TIME (min:sec)_________MONTH/YEAR COMPLETED____________ GENRE_____________
FILM WEBSITE (or link to online information) ___________________________________________________
COUNTRY OF PRODUCTION ____________________________ STUDENT FILM Yes_____ No _______
I HAVE ENCLOSED THE FOLLOWING ITEMS AND AGREE TO THE REGULATIONS OF THE APPLICATION:
o COMPLETED/SIGNED ENTRY FORM * o DVD OF FILM o FILM DESCRIPTION (50 words or less)
o COMPLETE PRODUCTION CREDITS o FILM LOGLINE o DIRECTOR’S HEADSHOT o DIRECTOR’S BIO
o LIST OF PREVIOUS AND PLANNED SCREENINGS o 3 STILLS FROM FILM (200 dpi minimum)